This Senior PHP Developer role will be responsible for setting the engineering culture with the development team in terms of coding standards, development operations, quality control processes and release governance.
This role will be very much hands-on development delivering on the immediate engineering roadmap for the Exergenics product suite currently under development. As the business grows, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of developers that foster a culture of inspection and adaption using Agile frameworks.
Amazon Cloud Services such as Cognito, Beanstalk, Lambda and related services should be a part of your wheelhouse - with a specific focus on PHP/MySQL.
Your success will be determined by your ability to balance rapid application development with considerations for quality at scale.
About You & Your Experience
- 5-7 years experience using PHP in an object-oriented codebase.
- Proficient in SQL and other relational database paradigms.
- Work closely with the Product Designer to implement user-centric designs.
- Model, build and maintain custom web applications and Restful API’s using PHP hosted on AWS Infrastructure.
- Maintain meaningful documentation on systems and processes in the form of a developer Wiki.
- Proactively experiment with new technologies and actively communicate opportunities for growth.
- Provide digital recommendations to solve problems. No manual waste.
- AWS or Azure Cloud Native and familiar with common cloud building blocks.
Remuneration & Perks
· Melbourne CBD dog-friendly office
· Flexible working arrangements
· Opportunities for rapid progression